How do I report child abuse?


Under Oregon law, child care providers must report child abuse to authorities. That means if they suspect a child they are caring for is being abused, they must report it. To report it, they must contact the police or the local DHS child welfare office by calling 1-855-503-SAFE (7233).

As a parent, you should also report child abuse if you suspect it is happening to any child. You could be the only hope the child has of getting away from a harmful situation. We’ve included a list of signs of possible child abuse on the previous page.

Your report will be confidential – only a court can order your name to be released.

Information from Oregon Department of Human Resources. More information can be obtained at

Do You Have Any Question?

Contact us or call us anytime!

Contact Us